Black and White: Rural Churches of Eastern Ontario

St. Finnan’s Cathedral, Alexandria; built 1833

DSCN1439 St Finnan's Cathedral

St Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church, St. Andrew’s West; built 1801 – one of the first Roman Catholic churches built in Upper Canada (Ontario) and the oldest remaining stone structure in the province erected as a church. During the War of 1812 it was used as a hospital.

DSCN1477 St Andrews RC

St. Margaret’s of Scotland, Glen Nevis; church records start in 1882 Continue reading “Black and White: Rural Churches of Eastern Ontario”